Start your journey with us
Industrial Maintenance Fitter
At Kilkenny Limestone we’re looking for an experienced Industrial Maintenance Fitter
Due to ongoing production expansion, Kilkenny Limestone is currently recruiting for a fitter to work across our three sites at Kellymount, Paulstown, Co. Kilkenny, Holdensrath, Co. Kilkenny and Old Leighlin, Co. Carlow.
- Work with flexibility within the Maintenance Department and in co-operation with other teams, departments and sites.
- Promote maintenance best practices at all times within a continuous improvement environment.
- Carry out planned/unplanned maintenance on production machinery.
- Proactively follow up on re-occurring technical issues.
- Completion of non-trade specific work as required.
- Daily reporting of maintenance activities ensuring issues and open items / concerns are communicated in a timely and concise manner.
- Participate in Safety and Environmental training programmes and initiatives. Adhere to safe working practices as set out by the Safety Statement and other company safety rules.
- Maintaining compliance with site procedures and policies.
- Participate fully in any cross-functional training initiatives and mentor operations personnel at all times.
- Strong fault finding / problem solving skills essential.
- Good reporting and communication skills essential.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to take lead on maintenance issues and to work independently or as a team member.
- Be flexible in respect of shift changes and to participate in the maintenance procedure as required.
- Responds positively to changing circumstances and priorities.
- Strong team player.
- High level of organisational and multi-tasking skills.
We have 3 quarries at Kilkenny Limestone
- Holdensrath Quarry, which is near Kilkenny City, just out from the Tullarone road, near the former airstrip.
- Kellymount Quarry, which is just outside of Paulstown, Kilkenny, off J7 at the motorway
- Old Leighlin Quarry, which is located less than 1km outside of Old Leighlin, Carlow.
Kilkenny Limestone Quarries Ltd is part of Brachot, which is a Belgium-owned leading specialist in the extraction and processing of natural stone world wide.